Orbis is a specialist in vacant property security providing a complete empty property management service for commercial and social housing properties; lone worker protection through our BS5979 Cat II and BS8484 accredited Alarm Receiving Centre; and specialist cleaning and infection control services to customers across the private and public sectors.
In the UK we protect and keep secure more than 15,000 void properties as well as 25,000 lone workers and clean 60,000 properties annually. We are the empty property security experts delivering a one-stop-shop solution to reduce the risks associated with vacant buildings, ensuring our clients meet their insurance requirements in the most cost-effective way, allowing them to focus valuable time and resources on their core business.
Spread throughout the UK, our base of more than 40 offices and depots means we can provide a 24/7 responsive, fully-resourced and local service with our fleet of more than 200 vehicles. In the UK the company employs more than 550 people from the local communities in which we work. They are trained to work in roles from depot-based administrators to multi-skilled operatives. We are a nationwide void property security company with a local focus.
Innovation is the key to our success. From the introduction of Sitex screens in the 1980s through to more recent innovations in videofied alarms, eMaks digital keys and Aura, our online workflow management system, we are the leading innovator in our industry.
Orbis takes an active role in the social housing and business community with accreditation from, and membership of, a large number of professional bodies from the British Institute of Facilities Management, British Security Industry Association and British Pest Control Association to the British Safety Council. We are accredited by ContractorPlus, Trustmark, CHAS, SafeContractor. Our BS5979 Category 2 Alarm Receiving Centre on the Wirral complies with the BS8484 Code of Practice
– Sitex Security Products Ltd founded.
– Launch of the Sitex steel screen.
– Introduction of temporary radio alarms. 1998 – Community Safety Partnerships launched.
– Acquisition of Sitex by Orbis
– Lone worker protection service introduced. 2002 – Permascreens launched.
– Fast track re-let services and integrated security services developed.
– Online reporting offered to customers for the first time.
– Antisocial behaviour support lines introduced.
– Acquisition by Insite Management.
– eMaks access solution launched, together with the mould and infection control products and services.
– Videofied alarm and Aura online customer portal introduced to market.
– iSecurity and iDoor introduced.
– Amistha Group become Obis’ ultimate parent company
– Roll out of iTrap ; the latest in remote, battery operated alarm technology. Revised Insurance Product for residential Properties providing better and simpler coverage than previously.
Updates to Aura, Access Control and the One Stop (full service) Offering.
– Chief Executive Officer Guy Other, joins the company.
– Orbis introduces new ‘SMART’ CCTV towers.
– Orbis now secure approximately 15,000 void properties, protect 25,000 lone workers, clean approximately 60,000 properties and inspect approximately 70,000 properties annually.