Our Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
As the UK’s leading provider of vacant property services, site security and people protection for almost 40 years, we are fully committed to leading a sustainable approach to the environment and ensuring the wellbeing of our employees.
- We pride ourselves on our diverse range of sustainable products and services.
- We take an environmentally responsible approach in everything we do.
- We cultivate strong partnerships with our customers and the local communities.
Our Environmental Commitment
We are committed to providing sustainable products and services that reduce our impact on the environment and minimise our carbon footprint. This is achieved through a number of initiatives, which include –
- Minimising paper usage throughout our offices and depots.
- Recycling our stock to ensure sustainability for our customers.
- Utilising the latest handheld technology for operatives to help optimise travel reduction.
- Investing in innovative ‘long life’ products and increasing their reusability.
- Applying a Waste Hierarchy to reduce landfill before transferring to 3rd
- Proactive recycling and storage of all batteries to fully comply with legislation.
- Quarterly newsletter to continue the awareness of company practices and legislation.
- Continuous review and improvement of energy efficiency on all sites.
Continuous Environmental Improvement Projects
We will endeavour to undertake Continuous Environmental Improvement Projects at each of our locations with the support of the Environmental Coordinator, wherever possible. These important projects will work towards the Orbis Company Environmental Aims and Objectives and fall in line with the standards required for ISO 9001 &14001 compliance.
Company Diversity and Labour Practices
Our employees are certainly our most valuable resource. Through a comprehensive and diverse equal opportunities policy, we ensure that our employees are never discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other factor which differentiates one person from another.
We actively encourage a range of skill development and training programs to help our people progress and ensure that they feel valued. Our ongoing commitment to our staff has been recognised by City and Guilds, and we are one of only 100 UK companies to have received an accreditation for our training and competency programme. This makes Orbis the only company within our industry sector to hold this award.
We are very proud that over 100 of our employees have passed our City & Guilds course, and in total more than 50 percent of eligible employees have achieved a qualification whilst working for Orbis.
Supporting Volunteer Efforts
We are committed to the ongoing support of local charities and communities nationwide. It is our way of giving back to the communities and we are proud to have helped support a variety of incredible projects, some of which include –
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool.
- National Autistics Society, Uxbridge.
- Solo Life Opportunities, Birmingham.
- Bryson’s Animal Shelter, Gateshead.
Aspects and Impacts Register
Our Environmental Coordinator will continue to review the Aspects and Impacts register and is responsible for updating this in the event of a change in legislation or the development of new sites and products. Our Branch Managers actively work alongside the Environmental Coordinator to ensure that best practices are not only met, but exceeded.
We want to work with like-minded businesses. Let us show you how we can demonstrate our range of vacant property services, site security and people protection solutions.