Construction Site Security
Theft from UK construction sites is estimated to cost between £600m and £1bn every year*, largely due to lax security measures, inefficient equipment or ignored procedures. These losses cost a sector, already under severe pressure, additional strain. Don’t compromise construction site security based on cost alone. Orbis can provide security measures to fit your budget. Our fit-for-purpose solutions will quickly regain investment through, theft reduction, maintained reputation and lowered insurance claims. Why does Construction need protection?
Construction in the UK contributes billions every year to the UK economy. In 2017 total construction orders worth £163bn were generated and the sector employs 2.4m* people. This is an industry where high value machinery and materials are on‐site and insurance policies worth millions are taken out to protect against theft, breakages and vandalism. Security is rightly a priority for the success of a project in terms of the safety of construction spaces and protecting the value of empty properties.
We see this with many organisations across the UK we work with, by securing their assets we help clients learn more about the apparent risks posed at Construction, whilst giving them essential tools to minimise risk.
Active property and site management is vital and helps when working with insurance companies to protect your assets and be complaint. Larger sites can be kept secure with physical guarding or stand‐alone systems developed by accredited companies. Technology‐led solutions are by far the most cost effective and comprehensive way to safeguard a site/property, compared to the costs and limits of manned guarding.
Intruders will be deterred from trespassing with the installation of specialist CCTV towers. For example, physically imposing structures such as our Ultra CCTV Tower, a temporary CCTV solution or the Ultra Hybrid CCTV Tower, will make criminals think twice about trespassing. Coupled with this, cameras such as the Ultra Lite, a fixed deployment CCTV solution, will follow an intruder on‐site at night or during the day time. This provides a site manager and construction firm the confidence that their assets are protected and plays a significant role in reducing costs, such as vandalism, on vacant sites.
Tips to protect your void property or site:
- Update your insurer with any changes to the status of a site, a development, or a property, even if this is only partially vacant
- Check the details of your insurance policy carefully and note any amendments to the cover
- Assess the risks to your property/site and act on these to protect your investment
- Arrange regular inspections so any changes to the property/site condition can be noted promptly
- Let your commercial and residential neighbours know the site/property is void and ask them to be vigilant
- Turn off all water, electricity, gas and waste services
- Make sure the windows and letterboxes are secured on any properties
- Use blinds and/or security screens to stop thieves looking inside
- Regularly inspect the property as a matter of due diligence
- Maintain the appearance of the property/site and keep gardens and grounds clear of waste, graffiti and building rubble
- Add in security monitoring equipment such as alarms and CCTV towers on larger sites
- Set up and maintain fencing and light timers to stop criminals entering the site/property
- Install warning signage across a site
Our Solutions We offer a turn-key solution, designed to make protecting your assets simple and cost-effective. Find out more about our services:
- Rapid Deployment CCTV Towers
- Site Alarms
- Pre-Demolition Steel Screens
- Security Fencing and Barriers