Specialist cleaning provided at accommodation centres across North East
A Tyneside-based charity that provides safe accommodation across North East for people facing a personal crisis has been given a helping hand by a caring company.
The award-winning charity offers accommodation services for people experiencing homelessness and domestic as well as sexual abuse, which have faced unprecedented demand since the outbreak of COVID-19.
Now in a bid to help, Orbis Protect’s specialist team have stepped in so Changing Lives can step up this vital support, donating manpower and materials to carry out deep cleaning at 12 of its premises across Tyneside, Wearside, Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire.
Neil Baird, Head of Homeless Services at Changing Lives said: “The coronavirus pandemic is severely affecting people who are already facing difficult times.
“Often the people we support do not have access to a safe place to stay, to food and necessities like cleaning products. It is vital that everyone can self-isolate and socially distance themselves safely.
“We are committed to ensuring that our support services remain open. Our teams are working incredibly hard to help keep people safe and out of hospital, but it is an ongoing challenge.
“We’re extremely thankful for the help from the Orbis Protect team, who have been collaborative and supportive while working with us. By helping us to keep our properties clean and safe, they are playing a vital role in the coronavirus response.”
The team uses a cleaning method known as fogging, which creates a very fine mist that once sprayed hunts for bugs and viruses, including coronavirus. Deep cleaning of properties allows residents to stay safe and can help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Guy Other, Chief Executive at Orbis Protect, added: “The principle of giving something back to the community has always been important to us, and never more so than at this time.
“I’m proud that the team has supported the vital work Changing Lives leads, to enable people to access safe accommodation in their time of need so they can get back on their feet again.
“They lead by example and we have the expertise to give the charity’s staff and the people who rely on Changing Lives, peace of mind so they know they’re out of harm’s way as the country tackles coronavirus.”
Orbis Protect is also one of the UK’s leading security providers. Its teams provide hundreds of organisations across the UK with the confidence that their assets are secure and that their people are protected every day.
About Orbis Protect:
- Established in 1981, Orbis Protect has 18 offices across the UK, employs 450 staff, a fleet of over 160 vehicles and a turnover of over £30 million
- Clients sectors include national housing associations, construction, facilities management, care homes, NHS, the police, insurance and asset management
- Membership held at the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management, British Security Industry Association, British Pest Control Association, Suzy Lamplugh Trust and British Safety Council.
- Accredited by Contractor Plus, CHAS, Environmental Agency, SafeContractor, Constructionline Platinum and Builders Profile.
- Multiple British Standards and ISO Accreditations.
About Changing Lives:
- Changing Lives is a nationwide charity helping people facing challenging times make positive change – for good.
- The charity supports over 17,000 people annually through 100+ schemes, stretching from Northumberland to Merseyside and the Midlands. Changing Lives is dedicated to supporting people to reach their potential, including addiction and recovery programmes, employment guidance, help for people in prison or on probation, and support for people experiencing sexual exploitation and domestic abuse.
- By focusing on their strengths, potential and opportunities, Changing Lives helps people overcome their challenges and live safe, successful, independent lives.
- Changing Lives is the operating name of The Cyrenians. Registered Charity No. 500640 | Registered Company No. 995799 | Registered in England